[lacnog] IETF en Madrid re-confirmado para Noviembre de 2021 (IETF112)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet en consulintel.es
Mie Jun 3 05:44:43 GMT+3 2020

Como ya avisé hace unos días, el IETF de Madrid se ha pospuesto, sin perder la reserva del hotel (buena voluntad del hotel, ya que por contrato no estaban obligados y se perdían cientos de miles de euros).

La nueva fecha es del 6 al 12 de Noviembre de 2021, IETF112.

Hay otros casos (ver a continuación), que se han re-negociado también.

Toca de nuevo empezar a trabajar con Iberia, patrocinadores de conectividad, patrocinadores para el social, etc.

* IETF 112 will be held in Madrid at the Melia Castilla Hotel and Convention Center, 6-12 November 2021.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 108, which was moved online because of the global pandemic [1].  We have chosen to rebook this venue to support the 20 years of significant community effort to bring an IETF meeting to Spain.

* IETF 117 will be held in San Francisco at the Hilton Union Square, 22-28 July 2023.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 102, which was moved because of concerns about US travel restrictions [2].  We have rebooked this venue as it was either that or pay a significant cancellation fee.

* IETF 120 will be held in Vancouver at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 20-26 July 2024.  This was the venue originally booked for IETF 107, which was moved online because of the global pandemic [3].  We have chosen to rebook this venue to preserve the effort already put into contracting and preparing for this venue.

In general, as the process of selecting a venue is expensive and time consuming, rebooking previously cancelled venues ensure that those costs are not written off and additional costs are not incurred in selecting new venues.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any comments or questions.

[1]  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/kzC7M48oKrAwdh9uyOvseeKFW3A/
[2]  https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF102Changeofvenuedates.pdf
[3]  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/XenAlx4Nw6Jmg69QpXRUOwbzsXY/

Saludos,