[lacnog] Mess up - IRR de prefixos brasileiros - EMIX(ChinaTel) - Neustar - Internexa

Arturo Servin arturo.servin en gmail.com
Mar Mar 3 09:00:00 GMT+3 2020

Douglas

Thanks for getting this stats and bringing awareness that there is a lot to
do in LATAM.

I have these stats that I have presented in some fora in the past few
months, these represent the percentage of valid prefixes (according to IRR
data.) As you can see LATAM (69.11%) is way behind the rest of the regions
and the global average of 86%.We are working to include LACNIC IRR so stats
might improve soon but I am not sure how much as the IRR does not have
AS-SETs and I would bet that a good chunk of invalid are coming from ASs
that provide transit services to other ASNs (so AS-origin is not enough to
validate.)

[image: Initial Experiences Route Filtering at the Edge AS15169.png]

Some places to check your prefixes:

   - IRR Explorer NLNOG: http://irrexplorer.nlnog.net/
   - RIPE RIS Routing Consistency:
   https://stat.ripe.net/widget/as-routing-consistency

Finally, Google is in the process to start filtering all invalid prefixes
that do not match any IRR entry, so I recommend that if you peer with
AS15169 you take a look if your prefixes are validated (Google ISP Portal
https://isp.google.com/bgp/ and check your AS-SET in PeeringDB)

Regards
as