[lacnog] LACNOG2021 - Call for Presentations (Reminder)
villa en reduniv.edu.cu
Lun Jul 19 16:21:14 -03 2021
LACNOG 2021 - Call for Presentations
LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will hold
its LACNOG 2021 conference from 11 to 15 October 2021 together with the
LACNIC 36 event. This meeting is scheduled to be held in person in the city
of Cali, Colombia (if the evolution of the epidemiological situation in the
region allows). Otherwise, this conference will be held online.
The LACNOG 2021 Program Committee invites the Internet community to submit
their presentation proposals for the event.
In line with the spirit of LACNOG, proposed topics must be geared towards
Internet development in the region. The following is a non-exhaustive list
of some of the topics of interest for the LACNOG 2021 meeting:
● Network operation and professional experiences, success stories
● Internet of Things
● Community Networks
● IPv6 integration and deployment
● Experiences involving botnets, malware, spam, viruses, denial of
service attacks and exploit techniques
● IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
● Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast,
anycast, SDN, etc.
● End-user applications (e.g., e-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs)
● Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud
● Peering, Internet traffic exchange, IXPs
● Network data security and management, attack mitigation
● Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
● Network automation, evolution and convergence
● Infrastructure and physical transport, including optical and
● Legislation, regulations and Internet governance issues
● Research and education
Possible presentation formats include:
● Lightning talk: brief, 10-minute presentation (including a space
● Presentation: 20-minute presentation (including a space for Q&A)
● Posters: includes a single-page PDF (A2 or smaller) with the basic
information of the presentation plus a 2- to 5-minute video with the
Deadlines for the 2021 call for proposals will be as follows:
● Reception of proposals: 24 June to 23 July 2021
● Proposals will be accepted until: 23 July 2021 at 23:59 UTC-3
● Evaluation by the Program Committee: 26 July to 8 August 2021
● Announcement of results: 10 August 2021
● Deadline for submitting the final presentation: 10 August - 17
● Final presentations will be accepted until: 17 September 2021 at
23:59 UTC-3 (Uruguay time)
● Event date: 11 to 15 October 2021
Applicants must submit a summary and a draft of the slides of their proposed
presentation along with a brief biography, for which they must use the form
available at <https://eventos.nog.lat/e/lacnog2021>
If your work is selected, you authorize LACNOG and LACNIC to publish your
name, photograph, biography and final work in the event program.
Speakers presenting their work at the LACNOG 2021 conference will receive a
certificate acknowledging their participation.
Guidelines for Submitting a Presentation for LACNOG have been prepared that
contain a description of the criteria that will be considered when
evaluating each proposal, presentation format details and other information.
These Guidelines are available at
Communications with the Program Committee will be handled through
<mailto:pc en lacnog.org> pc en lacnog.org.
We thank you in advance for your attention and look forward to receiving
your proposals for LACNOG 2021.
The Program Committee
------------ pr?xima parte ------------
Se ha borrado un adjunto en formato HTML...
Más información sobre la lista de distribución LACNOG