[lacnog] Fwd: [connect-wg] BCOP for the use of IRR DBs in IXP RS - Last call

Rubens Kuhl rubensk en gmail.com
Vie Jun 7 17:23:07 -03 2024

For completion, only LACNIC allocations made by LACNIC itself and
NIC.mx can use the self-hosted RPKI by LACNIC and, in consequence,
LACNIC IRR.

Brazilian allocations can only use delegated RPKI, and there is no IRR
service either from NIC.br or LACNIC that they can use. But those
allocations can use TC IRR and have both IRR and RPKI, or only one of
them. TC IRR does not require RPKI for having IRR entries, but it uses
RPKI to invalidate entries that contradict RPKI ROAs.

In short:
LACNIC allocations outside Brazil: can have self-hosted RPKI, can't
have delegated RPKI, can have RIR IRR entries if RPKI is configured
NIC.br allocations: can only have delegated RPKI, can use TC IRR and
that doesn't require RPKI

Rubens