[LAC-TF] A task Forec for Egypt

Rosa Delgado rosa at delgado.aero
Mon Aug 9 04:12:16 BRT 2004

All,

This is to inform you that I have recently been discussing with Tarek
Kamel, current Egyptian Minister of Communications and ICT and Mr. Baher
Esmat - his contact point.

The idea started in Barcelona (May'04) when Tarek and I discussed about
the creation of the Egyptian IPv6 TF this year and the organization of
the first IPv6 event in Egypt (4Q2004 or 1Q2005). He is very interested
to do so. I sent an e-mail to the TF about this possibility but, he then
he was busy due to his new appoitnment.

I am waiting for Tarek to tell me when he see this event to be organized
(period of time), because the idea is that he would open the event. When
is the best date for the TF-SC? Is 1Q2005 best time?

Latif: We could go ahead in the next few days with the creation of the
Egyptian TF. About the TF and the event, I will talk to Mr. Baher in the
next few days and will let you know immediately I know more.

Regards/Rosa