[LAC-TF] Open call - LAC IPv6 TF Moderator Election
Mariela C. Rocha
marielac.rocha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:18:42 BRT 2009
LAC IPv6 TF MODERATOR ELECTION
The moderator shall have the following responsibilities:
1. To moderate the list.
2. To propose and request the proposal of topics for discussion.
3. To prepare and coordinate the agendas for the face-to-face
meetings of the LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 during LACNIC's annual meeting.
-- If necessary, to organize additional remote meetings
(videoconferences, VoIP, chat, etc.).
4. To organize, with the support of LACNIC, a call for proposals for
presentations at the face-to-face meeting.
5. To coordinate the process for selecting presentations and
presenters for the meeting.
6. To moderate the annual LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 meeting.
7. To prepare an annual report on the activities that have been
carried out and present it at the annual face-to-face meeting.
About the election of the moderator:
1. Moderator candidates must be members of the lactf at
lac.ipv6tf.org and belong to the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. The moderator shall be elected every two years within a 60-day
period following LACNIC's annual meeting.
-- The successful candidate shall begin moderating the list
3. The election will be held through an electronic voting system
offered by LACNIC's secretariat.
-- The voters register will be made up by the members of the lactf
at lac.ipv6tf.org mailing list.
-- Each person interested in voting may cast only one vote.
-- The winning candidate will be the one who obtains the highest
number of votes. Alternately, if N candidates receive the same number of
votes, a second voting round will be held where interested voters will cast
only one vote and only N candidates will participate.
4. Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by third parties.
5. In order to submit a nomination, the following information must
be sent to the lactf at lac.ipv6tf.org:
* Candidate's name
* Candidate's e-mail address
* Name of the person presenting the nomination
-- In case of third-party nominations, the candidate must state
his/her acceptance of the nomination on the list.
* CV and optional additional information such as proposals or ideas
to be implemented in case of being elected.
The election will be held according to the following calendar:
- 10/08/2009 - 14/08/2009 Candidate nominations
- 14/08/2009 - at 18:00 UTC - Closing of the voters register and
announcement of candidates
- 17/08//2009 - 21/08/2009 at 18:00 UTC - Voting period
- 24/08/2009 - Announcement of results
Because of their responsibility in administrating the election, LACNIC
staff shall abstain from voting.
The election of the LAC IPv6 TF Moderator will be conducted using LACNIC's
electronic voting system. The system works as follows:
The system is configured with the nominated candidates, and the voters
register – which comprises all the e-mail accounts that are part of the list
– is loaded onto the system. A password is sent to each of these addresses
so that they may access the system. During the voting period, users cast
their vote and receive an e-mail containing a confirmation code and the name
of the candidate they voted. This code may later be verified in the public
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LACTF