[LAC-TF] measuring ipv4 x ipv6 latencies

Arturo Servin aservin at lacnic.net
Thu Apr 21 00:23:27 BRT 2011

	I presume that some of the problems that we will see for IPv6 compared with v4 it would be some paths with tunnels but I bet more for a difference in peering relationships. For example networks with low delay in v4 because a local peering and high delay in v6 for the lack of it. Fortunately the raw data is there, so anybody could start doing the analysis even without deploying probes.

	Also, commenting about Alejandro's reply, I think that the main problem that he sees is 6to4 and Teredo (see Geoff analysis:  ). That should not happen with the probes that are being deployed for this project (but it might be good to take a look at the worst cases).

Regards,
.as