[LAC-TF] Fwd: [afripv6-discuss] Gap Analysis for IPv4 Sunset

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:38:11 BRT 2012

Hola todos,
  Les reenvio este correo el cual I+D muy interesante.
  Lectura recomendada para todos, es bastante corto y especifico.

  Este es el link: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sunset4-gapanalysis-00

  Les dejo dos problemas de los que habla:

   PROBLEM 1:  When an IPv4 node boots and requests an IPv4 address
               (e.g., using DHCP), it typically interprets the absence
               of a response as a failure condition even when it is not.

   PROBLEM 7:  Completely disabling IPv4 at runtime often reveals
               implementation bugs.  Hard-coded dependencies on IPv4
               abound, such as on the 127.0.0.1 address assigned to the
               loopback interface.  It is therefore often operationally
               impossible to completely disable IPv4 on individual
               nodes.

  Dentro del I+D existen unas sugerencias para resolver estos problemas.

Reciban un abrazo,

Alejandro,