[LAC-TF] RV: [V6launchupdates] v6 launch measurements to continue

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:37:53 BRT 2012

FYI/PSI

-----Mensaje original-----
De: v6launchupdates-bounces at elists.isoc.org
[mailto:v6launchupdates-bounces at elists.isoc.org] En nombre de Phil
Roberts
Enviado el: miércoles, 08 de agosto de 2012 02:36 p.m.
Para: v6launchupdates at elists.isoc.org
Asunto: [V6launchupdates] v6 launch measurements to continue

On June 6, as part of our World IPv6 Launch activities, Google,
Facebook, and Yahoo! measured IPv6 traffic to their websites from
networks that registered for World IPv6 Launch.  We reported an
average of those measurements on the World IPv6 Launch measurements
page (http://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements).  We reported any
network with measurements from at least two sources and an average
IPv6 traffic volume in excess of 0.1% of the total traffic from that
network.

Google, Facebook, and Yahoo! have agreed to continue to take these
measurements on a monthly basis through the end of this year.  We will
be reporting the results of these measurements via updates to the
World IPv6 Launch measurements page and blog.  The measurements will
be conducted on the 2nd Wednesday in August, September, October,
November, and December.