[LAC-TF] internet banking threatens IPv6 in Brazil

Antonio M. Moreiras moreiras at nic.br
Fri Apr 10 12:44:12 BRT 2015

Yep. It looks like malware in a lot of ways.

I don't know for sure what it should do. The company says that it is
similar to an antivirus, and it tries to protect the user against DNS
poisoning and phishing, detecting fake sites similar to those of banks.
There are people that suspect of privacy issues, but I don't have
evidence of it. They suspect it also sends information about the system
(installed software and versions, for instance) and Internet navigation
to the banks.

They sell a version of it as a personal security software:
http://www.g-lock.com.br/. There is some information at the website.

In other countries in our region is it normal for banks to ask (or
force) people to install specific security solutions in Windows in order
to allow access to online banking? What kind of security systems do they
use?

[]s
Moreiras.