[LAC-TF] internet banking threatens IPv6 in Brazil

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:02:15 BRT 2015

In Uruguay no banks (that I know of) are asking users to install
specific pieces of software, instead they are relying heavily on private
(i.e. non-Google) two-factor authentication schemes.

I'd be very wary of a 'hidden' piece of software that no-one is very
specific of what it does, has no user interface and no means of
stopping/uninstalling it.

I know a whole family of software that behaves in this way, they are
called rootkits :-)

This smells to me a lot like the Sony Rootkit scandal of a couple of
years ago.

cheers!

-Carlos