[LACNIC/Politicas] Discussion proposal and first policy to discuss: [LAC-2009-04 Transfer of IPv4 Blocks within the LACNIC Region]

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:54:53 BRST 2010

Dear members of the Forum,

I'd like to begin with a warm greeting and my best wishes for the new year.

As announced, the next LACNIC policy forum will be held within the framework
of LACNIC's thirteenth annual event, in Curaçao, during March 2010. For this
reason, and with the aim of arriving at the forum with a position that is as
unanimous as possible, we are calling all list members to discuss and seek
consensus on the following proposals:

•              LAC-2007-01 Modification of the IPv6 Block Announcement
Policy

•              LAC-2008-05 IPv6 Micro-Assignments

•              LAC-2009-04 Transfer of IPv4 Blocks within the LACNIC Region

•              LAC-2009-09 Modification: 2.3.3.3. Direct Allocations to
Internet Service Providers

In this sense, we believe that the best way to enrich and structure the
discussion is by dealing with one proposal at a time, establishing a time
frame for their discussion, consulting with their authors, and preparing a
joint position for their acceptance or rejection.

Consequently, because of its complexity, we suggest that the following be
the first policy discussed by the forum: "LAC-2009-04 Transfer of IPv4
Blocks within the LACNIC Region."

-------------------

Proposal LAC-2009-04 Transfer of IPv4 Blocks within the LACNIC Region

Proposal Summary:

This proposal enables and defines the rules for performing IPv4 address
block transfers between ISPs or end users within the LACNIC region.

The full text of the proposal is available at:

http://www.lacnic.org/documentos/politicas/LAC-2009-04v2-propuesta-sp.pdf

The forum threads relating to the discussion of this policy, which contain
valuable contributions, may be followed from the following links:

-
http://mail.lacnic.net/pipermail/politicas/2009-March/012508.html

-
http://mail.lacnic.net/pipermail/politicas/2009-April/012544.html

-
http://mail.lacnic.net/pipermail/politicas/2009-May/012605.html

We would like to ask you to read the full text of the policy and review the
arguments presented in the threads mentioned above with the aim of
establishing a common starting point for debating the proposal.

We are counting on each and every one of you to achieve consensus on this
matter. For this, we would like to try to define the forum's position on
this policy before Friday February 19, 2010.

Best regards,

Nicolas Antoniello

Francisco Arias

LACNIC Public Policy Forum Moderators