[LACNIC/Politicas] Resumen de Politicas en discusion//Policy discussion Summary//Resumo discussão política

Gianina Pensky gianina at lacnic.net
Thu Sep 17 12:35:43 BRT 2015

Hello Arturo,

I apologize for the delay, but we wanted to give you a complete answer.

Some important information:

In 07/2010 it was implemented 2009-04 policy
(http://www2.lacnic.net/documentos/politicas/LAC-2009-04v3-propuesta-sp.pdf)
On a certain moment there came up an inconsistency of interpretation
about when to activate this policy between LACNIC and each NIR.
Since then, we have been working to unify criteria.
We contacted the author´s proposal in order to clarify the original
intention of his proposal. After talking to the author, he has clarified
that his intention, which was approved by the community, was to have it
active by now.
We haven´t succeded to unify criteria with the NIRs yet, that is why the
policy hasn´t been activated, but we are working on that.

It is important to unify criteria between NIRs, LACNIC and to the
author´s policy, and that is why we have an important need to clarify
this issues.

Kind regards,

--
Ing. Gianina Pensky