[LACNIC/Politicas] Host Sailor, Ltd.

Sergio Rojas. . . sergio at lacnic.net
Thu Aug 11 21:07:13 BRT 2016

Mr. Guilmette,

As your investigation probably let you know, LACNIC maintains its
policies public and you can find them in the following link
http://www.lacnic.net/en/web/lacnic/manual

According to LACNIC policy (1.11),   “The numbering resources under the
stewardship of LACNIC must be distributed among organizations legally
constituted within its service region and mainly serving networks and
services operating in this region. External clients connected directly
to main infrastructure located in the region are allowed.”

As mentioned in our previous response, HostSailor provided legal
documentation demonstrating their legal presence in Belize, and
presented a plan detailing how they will use the resources in the
region, complying at that moment with the requirements established in
the policies developed by our community.

We appreciate the information you have provided about the utilization of
these resources outside the Latin America and Caribbean region and we
are going to further investigate the matter and follow our policies in
that process.

Regarding your allegations of illegal activities by HostSailor, even if
they are effectively accurate, we do not have established any
procedures, policy nor contractual right to proceed, unless ordered by a
competent authority. Furthermore, LACNIC´s role is primordially that of
a technical coordinator, it is not our job nor do we have the resources
to police the internet, and much less its content.

As explained in the previous paragraph we are following our role the
community has defined in the policies for the assignment of internet
addresses, so we kindly request to keep this mailing list for the
purposes it was established (update or propose a new one).

Finally, the fact that the person who responds to your questions is
listed at the bottom of an alphabetically ordered list, doesn’t make me
less authorized to answer you, if that is what you implied by your tone
in your message. I’m in charge of analyzing IP requests in LACNIC and
have the authority to answer you. I request you to communicate with
respect to me or anyone in this list if you want to keep this dialogue.

Best regards,

Sergio Rojas. . .