[LACNIC/Politicas] Host Sailor, Ltd.

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Aug 16 17:46:44 BRT 2016

In message <c22c26ff-e966-1e1a-f744-6375d176fd55 at cafonso.ca>,
Carlos Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

>- the listed phone number is in central Los Angeles, so they seem to
>have a tech op in LA - so may be accountable to US laws somehow?

Unfortunately, in practice, no.

In order to be "accountable" to U.S. law enforcement, a person or
company would have to have either some actual human being(s) or some
actual asset(s) within the United States.  It is not possible to
arrest a ghost.  It is not possible to arrest a telephone number.

If you do more lookups on that Los Angeles phone number you will
find out that it is really within a block of numbers belonging
to Paetech, and that this block of numbers is set aside for some
sort of VOIP setup that I do not quite understand.

I believe that that phone number is really just configured to forward
calls back to the Middle East... probably to Qatar, where the clever
and secretive Mr. Khalid Hemida, actual owner of Host Sailor, Ltd.
is apparently located at the present time.

The clever Mr. Hemida could have arranged all this remotely, by phone,
or over the Internet, without ever setting foot into the United States.

This is the same thing he did when he created his Belize shell company.
He never had to set foot within Belize.

This is the same thing he did when he created his UAE shell company.
He never had to set foot within UAE.

Regards,
rfg