[LACNIC/Politicas] Nueva propuesta LAC-2020-1 / Nova proposta LAC-2020-1 / New proposal LAC-2020-1

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Mon Feb 3 12:30:31 GMT+3 2020

Hola/Olá/Hi Mike, Jordi, Fernando, ...,

Parece que el comercio de direcciones no es una gran cosa dentro de la región de LACNIC!

Hi Carlos,

That seems to be  uncontested. Thank you for noticing my post. Despite proponents of this policy scaring the community, the market in LACNIC is the "sick man" of the IPv4 world.  Nobody is acquiring much IPv4 via transfer in LACNIC, but the proponents would indicate that without adding an additional burden, some entities would acquire "more and more" IPv4 without deploying IPv6.

This policy will do nothing to increase IPv4 because the population of transferrers in this community is so small. So why make it smaller still through worthless burdens for participants and for LACNIC staff?

There is something wrong with a group of number stewards aggrandizing other roles for themselves by leveraging their legitimate number registration role.  So we have the right to register numbers, why not use that to demand things from those over whom we have some power? Why not mandate any IPv4 market participant must have a diverse workforce or boardroom? Why not mandate that they should only run hardware newer than five years old? Why not mandate anything we think is a good thing?

Because that is not our role, and doing these things work directly against our role.
Our primary role is to keep an accurate Whois database. If you want un-recorded transfers, you are providing additional incentive with this policy.

The market is adaptable and will provide a workaround, like out-of-region registrations and leasing, neither of which this community has much control over.
Should this proposal pass, it will begin a cat-and-mouse game with network providers offering a cheap IPv6-announcement service to jump through this hoop, and LACNIC staff trying to move the hoop and make it smaller.
Pointless in terms of moving the needle on IPv6, which will only respond to more rational inputs.

Regards,
Mike

Sería bueno saber cuántas organizaciones estaban en el extremo receptor de esas 77 transferencias.

Entonces, sería bueno comprobar cuántos de ellos NO están haciendo ningún IPv6.

No entiendo este posible nuevo requisito como una carga.

Por lo tanto deseo expresar pleno apoyo para 2020-1!

Saludos/Cumprimentos/Regards,
Carlos