[LACNIC/Politicas] [LACNIC / Policies] New proposal LAC-2021-2 / Nova proposta LAC-2021-2 / New proposal LAC-2021-2

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue May 11 13:14:32 -03 2021

Hi Oscar,

No, this is what the Bern convention on the IP right say *even if we don't have such text in the PDP*.

The fact that the chairs don't do that check put them (or LACNIC/organization), in a situation of liability.

Granting the rights protects against this, but it should be well balanced with community members that *instead of working with existing authors on an existing proposal under discussion* decide to copy it and send it *in parallel* with the existing discussion. And all this is probably what Erick has missed.

Erick talks about an abandoned proposal (or existing policy that has already reached consensus), so it can be retaken by new authors: This is right and this is what the granting of the rights from the original authors avoids.

What doesn't make *any* sense, is that an existing policy *under discussion* has a copy by another set of authors,  because this is basically ruining the PDP goal: try to find consensus thru the discussion.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet