[Ietf-lac] [lacnog] Fwd: IETF Returning to Berlin for IETF 96

L Sean Kennedy liam at fedney.org
Thu Feb 6 13:30:31 BRST 2014

Rogerio,

I wonder if the IETF-LAC mailing lists couldn't setup some kind of
search committee?  I think additional local knowledge could help
identify practical locations as well as governments and commercial
organizations which could sponsor IETF.  For instance instead of Metro
Sao Paulo, Campinas could be an option particularly if Viracopos
retains international landings after the cup and lots of connections
on Azul, plus its most convenient for a SP based local sponsor.  There
also is Fortaleza which have direct flights from Europe, Florianopolis
and Curitiba all of which have decent telecommunications
infrastructure and US direct flights.  Even if a hotel contract can be
signed for Buenos Aires, there is no reason not to identify another
location in Latin America whether its in Mexico, Panama, Brasil,
Uruguay, Chile, etc.

 Sean