[Ietf-lac] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: Banana -- Bandwidth Aggregation for interNet Access: Discussion of bandwidth aggregation solutions based on IETF technologies

Alvaro Retana (aretana) aretana at cisco.com
Wed Jul 29 12:40:24 BRT 2015

FYI

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat at ietf.org<mailto:ietf-secretariat at ietf.org>>
Date: July 29, 2015 at 11:21:26 AM EDT
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce at ietf.org<mailto:ietf-announce at ietf.org>>
Cc: <margaret at painless-security.com<mailto:margaret at painless-security.com>>, <banana at ietf.org<mailto:banana at ietf.org>>

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: banana at ietf.org<mailto:banana at ietf.org>
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=banana

Purpose:

The purpose of this group is to discuss the topic of bandwidth
aggregation across multiple Internet access links in single-provider and
multi-provider scenarios. Several groups have developed, and in some
cases deployed, bandwidth aggregation solutions based on existing IETF
technologies (MIP, GRE, LISP, MP-TCP, etc.). We will attempt to describe
the problem solved by these solutions in solution-independent terms. We
will share technical information about existing bandwidth aggregation
solutions including information about the applicability of each
solution. In the case of similar solutions, we may attempt to harmonize
those solutions at one or more layers (transport, signaling or
aggregation algorithms).

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.