[lacnog] 真 8.8.8.0/24 secuestrado en Venezuela ??

Doug Madory dmadory en renesys.com
Mie Mar 19 18:34:49 BRT 2014

That's correct. AS7908's upstream providers filtered the route, but probably just due to its size. They are currently letting them globally announce China Telecom address space, so I wouldn't give those upstream providers (Sprint and Telefonica de Argentina*) too much credit for their route filters. ;-)

In the few cases that it propagated, it went through peering links, which are much less likely to be filtered from my experience looking at the impacts of routing leaks.

* Level 3 is also a provider of BT Latam, but doesn't transit 125.125.125.0/24. Perhaps AS7908 doesn't announce it to them, or perhaps AS3356 is filtering it.

Doug Madory
603-643-9300 x115
Hanover, NH
"The Internet Intelligence Authority"