[lacnog] IPv6 and reverse DNS lookups are lacking

Michael De Leo (mdeleo) mdeleo en cisco.com
Mar Dic 15 19:08:22 BRST 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have been doing some testing to few IPv6 sites in Mexico, Argentina, Costa Rica and Brazil. With the exception of the respective NICs, the trace paths don't show any reverse DNS resolution. I am now visiting to Brazil and using NET as a local ISP, they also don't have any reverse DNS for the local infrastructure. This is more of a research position to compare IPv4 and IPv6 geo-paths as much as possible.

As the world transitions to IPv6 more and more, I hope this gets discussed at the local NOG meetings. Maybe this has been discussed already?

Any comments?

Thanks,

Mike De Leo