[lacnog] Usando originAS del WHOIS para aceptar prefijos

Job Snijders job en ntt.net
Mie Ene 3 11:39:25 BRST 2018

Hi Carlos,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 10:09:06AM -0300, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:
> That’ll be the plan. Our WHOIS database does have an “origin-as”
> attribute but AFAIK it’s seldom used.

Can you share any statistics on the use of the 'asn' attribute in LACNIC
WHOIS? Does this include data from the MX and BR NIR's?

For ARIN WHOIS data we found that while the ARIN IRR and ARIN WHOIS
contain an element count in similar order of magnitudes, there was
surprisingly little overlap between the IRR and WHOIS data, this made
the WHOIS a valuable source of information. Of course this will differ
from region to region.

> We do have a wealth of origination data in RPKI though.

On second thought, while it may make sense to include RPKI data in an
IRR toolchain, I'm not sure there is a requirement for LACNIC to publish
the RPKI data in JSON format. LACNIC already publishes their RPKI data
via the standardized methods.

It is easy to obtain a cryptographically verified JSON data dump of RPKI
data by using the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator (https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator)
or its successor "v3" (https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3 BETA)

Kind regards,

Job