[lacnog] Network Atlas November 2018 Update

Mehmet Akcin mehmet en akcin.net
Mar Nov 6 21:48:14 -02 2018

Rogerio, Below you can see my answers.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 2:40 PM Rogerio Mariano <rsouza.rjo en gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mehmet,
>
> How’ve you been?
I have been doing oK, how have you been?

> I did not know your project Network Atlas, I think it is quite interesting, but I wonder how it differs from other interactive map systems that already show capacity, traffic, users and providers?

There are google maps, bing maps, nokia here maps, but there is only
one Waze. Network Atlas aims to be the Waze of Internet
Infrastructure.

> Would your idea be to make a system similar to the PeeringDB facing undersea cables? Well some points I think are essential for a good interactive map database.

We will be peeringdb +++ , peeringdb has great concept but has no
visualization, we hope to visualize things and make it better.

> Follow my suggestions:

thank you we can place these on the development list of things to work on.