[lacnog] USA to Mexico Fiber Internet Exchange Equipment Recommendations

NJ nj en ancientalien.com
Lun Mayo 13 22:05:11 -03 2019

Advice and/or suggestions wanted. Any input greatly appreciated.

*Scenario:*
We have run fiber from the USA to Mexico and have an exchange point in
place. Our fiber connections are dark and therefore we can use any
configuration we want on as many pairs as we want. Currently I have decided
to light two 100gig connections and they are piping across the border
already. We have 200gig going to Los Angeles (Coresite) and are looking to
the mexico community of network engineers to identify how our peering point
in Tijuana can be made to best service the networks in the region (and
abroad if they build in). Our IXP is good, but we want to update/upgrade
and put in a future-compatible robust solution instead of what we have in
there now. We are an open IXP and are wondering how you would prefer to
peer and what your equipment recommendations are and why.  We're not afraid
to spend money but we do want it to not be complete overkill however should
last at least 5 to 10 years before any upgrade would be required. Also to
note, we are running our own bandwidth over the pipes as well so we would
like to keep them separated.

*Norman Joseph*
A.A.S. R.A. Lifetime Member
*Archaeology, Astronautics and SETI Research Association*
SETI Project Lifetime Contributor