[lacnog] USA to Mexico Fiber Internet Exchange Equipment Recommendations

Norman Jester nj en ancientalien.com
Vie Mayo 17 14:34:28 -03 2019

I agree. We have been connecting many more cloud and hybrid deployments. One major challenge remains for countries such as Mexico where long dominant telecom control was monopolistic and preventing tech advancement. Because of that, we do not see enough hybrid and/or cloud going on in mexico other than a handful of basic services which are out-dated already and small-scale.
Yes there are some trying to gain cutting edge tech however the lack of said peering and transit availability on a wide scale places pause on the advancement.

Disclaimer: I’m not all knowing. There may be some movements going on I’m not aware of but from what I have seen thus far, that is my take on it.

Norm