[lacnog] How can CDN and Cloud providers effectively contribute to routing security

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani en gmail.com
Mie Nov 13 13:13:35 -02 2019

Rogério, um thing I noticed in the list of participants is that the vast
majority are from CDN companies and not much from Cloud Providers. Is
this what's intended or they have been invited and choose not to
participate at this point ?

Maybe there is a misunderstanding from my part but I understand as Cloud
Providers companies like Linode, DigitalOcean, Vultr, OVH, etc that sell
mostly VPS and commonly can be the sources of attacks given the easiness
or turning up a VPS and the amount of bandwidth available, although as
far as I know most of them have measures in place to avoid it as BCP-38
and others. Still they may have a vast experience to contribute with
this type of topic.

Regards
Fernando