[lacnog] IETF I-D: "Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash- Renumbering Events" (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt)

Fernando Gont fgont en si6networks.com
Mie Ago 26 04:43:13 GMT+3 2020

Estimados,

FYI:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt

El documento en cuestion discute un problema operacional.

Slds,
Fernando Gont

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 23:58:49 -0700
From: internet-drafts en ietf.org
To: Richard Patterson <richard.patterson en sky.uk>, Fernando Gont
<fgont en si6networks.com>, Jan Zorz <jan en zorz.si>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum
Revision:	03
Title:		Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to
Flash- Renumbering Events
Document date:	2020-08-25
Group:		v6ops
Pages:		12
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03

Abstract:
    In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
    prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
    condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
    of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes on the local network will
    continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long time, thus
    resulting in connectivity problems.  This document documents this
    issue and discusses operational workarounds that may help to improve
    network robustness.  Additionally, it highlights areas where further
    work may be needed.

The IETF Secretariat