[lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los RoA

Mike Burns mike en iptrading.com
Jue Feb 3 19:50:46 -03 2022

Hi Rubens,

I apologize for mixing LACNIC and LACNOG.
You posted something from Brazil.
As far as I know Brazil has had a law requiring addresses utilized in Brazil
to be registered at NIC.br.
This is fairly unique, possibly only China also has this requirement as far
as I know.
Nonetheless this is not a policy requirement of LACNIC.
LACNIC assignments will not reveal LACNIC lessees, whose assignments may be
done at another RIR.

And the original question regarded the availability of ROAs for leased
addresses.
ROAs for leased addresses are available for both legacy and non-legacy
addresses.
Leased addresses do not have to be legacy.
Only in ARIN do legacy addresses need to sign an RSA before they can offer
RPKI, by the way.

I would wait a bit for the private messages, but I am sure you will learn
that leased addresses do not have to be legacy and leasing addresses is not
against policy in ARIN, RIPE, or APNIC.

LACNIC and AFRINIC alone among the RIRs have maintained in their RSAs the
ability to revoke for utilization outside the original justification, or for
lack of utilization.  Likely this is one of the causes of Latin America's
very small transfer market. AFRINIC hasn't run out completely yet, so their
market is non-existent. The other trading RIRs understood that maintaining
this revocation ability runs counter to a functioning IPv4 market.

And the revocation ability is the reason for confusion about leasing. My
advice is to lease from a lessor in ARIN, APNIC, or RIPE, ask for an ROA not
just an LOA. Carriers are more likely to accept an ROA than an LOA, which I
take to be a good thing.

Regards,
Mike