[lacnog] New addresses for b.root-servers.net

Robert Story rstory en ant.isi.edu
Mar Mayo 30 13:18:44 -03 2023

USC/ISI is renumbering both its IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for
b.root-servers.net on 2023-11-27. Our new IPv4 address will be
170.247.170.2 and our new IPv6 address will be 2801:1b8:10::b.
USC/ISI will continue to support root service over our current IPv4 and
IPv6 addresses for at least one year (until 2024-11-27) in order to
provide a stable transition period while new root hints files are
distributed in software and operating system packages.

We are renumbering to increase the resilience of the Root Servers
System by further diversifying the number of Regional Internet
Registries (RIRs) that have allocated IP addresses to Root Server
Operators. Our addresses will be the first in the Root Server System to
have been allocated by LACNIC and our routes will be verifiable through
LACNIC’s Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor
Location (TAL). We thank LACNIC for helping make this renumbering
possible, and ARIN for supporting our prior addressing assignments.

The LACNIC announcement, with English, Spanish and Portuguese
translations, can be found on their website here:

https://www.lacnic.net/6868/1/lacnic/lacnic-asigna-recursos-de-numeracion-al-servidor-raiz-de-usc_isi

Please direct any comments or questions to b-poc <at> isi.edu.

Regards,
Robert

P.S. Apologies to anyone receiving multiple copies of this announcement.

--
Robert Story
USC Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu/>

Robert