[LAC-TF] Sesion en IETF 95 (ERA: Re: implicaciones de declarar IPv4 historico)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Apr 7 14:51:09 BRT 2016

I’m not saying I agree with that, if you read the full thread, I stated that what wonders me is what Geoff said in the mike, about the need to avoid “third” parties to sort out problems as it happened with NAT. What I’m saying is that in my understanding “historic" means that.

We may need a “middle” way.

However: Do you think anyone will invest in sorting out new problems discovered in analogue TV, once digital TV is being deployed ?

In general I don’t like “mandating” things, but I really think we missed the opportunity for many governments to PROTECT customers, which is one of his duties, not having mandated ahead for several years, before IPv4 addresses were exhausted, the support of IPv6 and avoiding importing non-IPv6 capable devices, as they did with analogue TV.

Saludos,
Jordi