[LACNIC/Politicas] Documento Proceso Desarrollo Politicas

Roque Gagliano rgaglian at adinet.com.uy
Fri Oct 3 22:49:15 BRT 2003

Hi German,

I mostly agree the document, I thank you for including some comments
that I made to version 1.0

I would like to focus on the modification that can be done during the
Public Forum:

"If there is consensus in favor of or against the policy, the Forum
Chair shall pass on to LACNIC's Board of Directors the proposal prepared
by the Work Group for its final consideration plus possible
modifications that may have arisen during the Public Forum. In any
event, the Forum must have reached consensus on these modifications. In
later paragraphs the options available to the Board of LACNIC shall be
described."

We should somewhere guarantee that changes during the Public Forum are
not opposed to the original proposal. In other words, no sustainship
changes should be allowed. In that way, I believe that the Forum Chair
or the Group Presenter should make that call. If changes were again what
had been discussed inside the group, the discussion should go back
there.

Best Regards

Roque