[LACNIC/Politicas] Panel "IPv4 address space exhaustion"

Arturo Servin aservin at lacnic.net
Thu Sep 2 13:10:43 BRT 2010

Dear all,

	Due to the imminent exhaustion of IANA's IPv4 addresses central pool and the potential future shortage of this space in the RIRs (Regional Internet Registries),  in LACNIC we would like to know the opinion of the community about this matter. Specifically as part of the Public Policy Forum in LACNIC XIV we would like to organize a panel with the main topic "Exhaustion of the IPv4 address space."

The goal of this panel is to analyze and discuss different scenarios that could occur while the IPv4 space ends in both, the central pool of IANA and the reserves of LACNIC. We believe that this analysis and discussion is important to create policies for the allocation of resources to ensure the equitable distribution of them in times of scarcity and to the acceleration for the adoption of IPv6.

Hereby we would like to know the community opinion on the topic of this panel and if positive feedback is found, we would like you to propose some topics and panelists.

Thank you very much,

Arturo L. Servin
Technical Area Manager | LACNIC
Tel.: +598 2 6042222 | Fax: +598 2 6042222 ext. 112
Rambla Rep. de México 6125 - C.P. 11400 | Montevideo, Uruguay
http://[2001:13c7:7002:4000::10]/en/index.html