[LACNIC/Politicas] Nueva Propuesta LAC-2015-2? //New proposal LAC-2015-2? //Nova Proposta LAC-2015-2?

Ricardo Patara patara at registro.br
Thu Apr 16 16:01:24 BRT 2015

Hello Scott,

> Luis and Ricardo,
>
> Do I understand correctly that you're concerned about organizations
> acquiring space from the remaining LACNIC reserved /11s and then
> transferring it out of the LACNIC region (or transferring their existing
> space and getting more from the reserved /11s)?
>
> What if we modified 2.3.2.X.5 slightly to read "A block that has previously
> been transferred *or received from LACNIC* may not subsequently be
> transferred again for a period of one year"?

This would be an nice "locker" to have, but would not address my concern.
There might be already allocated address space in the "eye" of buyers.

The proposed item, would address new allocations, limited to /22s. (smaller fishes)

> That modification complements David's already-proposed restriction 2.3.2.X4
> that "The organization from which the transfer originated shall
> automatically be ineligible to receive IPv4 resource allocations and/or
> assignments from LACNIC for a period of one year".  With that modification,
> the transfer of address blocks recently received from LACNIC would also be
> disallowed.
>
> Ricardo, would that help address your concern about "massive out flow of IP
> to other regions"?

As mentioned, no.
And this would not be the main concern (might it the higher one, but not the
only one).

Regards