[LACNIC/Politicas] Host Sailor, Ltd.

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Aug 16 21:12:23 BRT 2016

In message <6d9be554-0f5e-08fd-f445-ce89aa58bc4e at lacnic.net>,
Sergio Rojas wrote:

>According to the LACNIC policy, point 7.1, "LACNIC shall attempt to
>contact the organization and rectify the situation. If the situation
>cannot be rectified, LACNIC shall publish the resource that is to be
>recovered for a period of three months. During this period the
>organization may rectify the situation with LACNIC. After this period,
>the resource shall be recovered and therefore the records of the
>previous holder of the recovered resource shall be removed from LACNIC's
>database. LACNIC shall publish the resources that have been recovered so
>that the routing filters may be modified". Also, as it is established in
>the policy, everybody can check "resources under process of recovery"
>and "Recovered resources" at LACNIC´s website
>(http://www.lacnic.net/en/web/lacnic/revocacion-de-recursos)

Thank you Mr. Rojas.  That is all very clear and I appreciate you
taking the time to write the above, and to investigate the resource
utilization issue in this case.

I do have one small question:  When does (or when will) the clock start
ticking on that three month grace period?  Has that clock already
started ticking?

>Note that the breach in this case is the use of resources out of the
>region.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to state this, explicitly.  I believe
that it was aleady clear and apparent from everything I wrote that this
was indeed the exact issue that I felt that LACNIC should investigate.

Regards,
rfg