[LACNIC/Politicas] [lacnog] Propuesta para crear un IRR en LAC mantenido por LACNIC / Proposal to create an IRR in LAC maintained by LACNIC

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:20:51 BRST 2018

Hi Job,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Job Snijders <job at ntt.net> wrote:

> Perhaps a strategy would be to provide a 'read-only' mirror of the RPKI
> data in IRR format. Is this what you suggest too? This way LACNIC
> members don't have to maintain two sets of data: whatever the LACNIC
> members input into the RPKI system would be reflected in an "IRR view"
> on the same data?

Yes, that´s exactly what I am proposing so as not to duplicate and also
because RIR can do what other IRRs cannot, which is to have the ability to
say that effectively an IP block belongs to whoever is registering it on
the IRR.   :)

Have the networks that ask for IRR, been consulted on why they can't use
> RPKI data in their provisioning process?

I believe this is more a matter of RPKI deployment level at present (I mean
by the network operators) and an -interface- matter also having the IRR way
of interacting slight different from how RPKI does...

Regards and thanks very much for your comments !

Nicolas