[LACNIC/Politicas] Los secuestros BGP constituyen una violación de las políticas - LAC-2019-5

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Apr 11 13:27:53 -03 2019

Hi Mike,

I guess is getting confusing special not being in English, sorry about that. First issue, we mixed 2 threads ... I tried to split in the previous email.

We may agree in withdrawing the proposal, but we first must clarify why is not appropriate to include in the policy manual an alternative simple text that explicitly say that:

Resources allocated to a member can't be used by another without the explicit consent of the original resource-holder.

Some people said "this is obvious" not need to say in the manual, but if "obvious" is the same for everyone, there are many sentences and text in the manual that will not be needed.

I don't think that's comparable to the AfriNIC anti-shutdown discussion at all, because it looks obvious to the participants that you should use your own resources and not the other's, so what is the harm to state that, just in case is not "obvious the same way for all"?

In the PDP when you oppose to something, must explain why "I don't like it" "I don't agree (w/o a valid reason)", etc., is not acceptable as a way to oppose. This has even been defended by some of the folks that now oppose without a good explanation.

Regards,
Jordi