[LACNIC/Politicas] Spam from AS266488 / 170.244.6.6

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Aug 20 05:05:45 GMT+3 2020

Hi Ronald,

Unfortunately, I frequently have the same problem with abuse cases from LAC region (which account for probably around 75% of the abuse cases), and most of them from Brazil.

For some time (probably years) I was summiting them to mail-abuse at cert.br and mail-abuse at nic.br (if I recall correctly the NIC.BR CERT address for abuse reporting). Also used crime.internet at dpf.gov.br. However, it didn't work ... I guess they lack of "authority" to really force the ISP to take care of the case.

This was one of the reasons I started the abuse-c policy proposal in all the regions (so to have a similar status/procedure in all them) and the LACNIC one was ratified by the board already (https://politicas.lacnic.net/politicas/detail/id/LAC-2018-5/language/sp).

I don't know if I missed it, but it will be nice to get a confirmation from the staff about when they believe this will be implemented.

However, the policy, even if not fully implemented, provides an escalation mechanism, which I guess could be in place already. Maybe the existing CSIRT can be used for that? https://csirt.lacnic.net/reportar-incidente

Could the staff confirm if the same system will be used for escalation or they are considering a different one?

I understand that the implementation of this proposal takes time, but probably LACNIC already has defined a plan, and some of the details could be presented in a webinar ASAP?

Or even better, if there is time for that, may be just a couple of slides in the policy meeting today?

Tks in advance for that! ;-)

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet