[Ietf-lac] Notacion decimal en IpV6

Axel Christian Mori axel_mori at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 20:59:37 BRST 2014

Version in English for English-speaking colleagues LACNIC.

Decimal notation IPv6

This is a very brief description of my proposal obviously a much more detailed explanation of this idea is feasible.
The idea is to use the decimal notation for Implementing IPv6 enable a lot more ergonomic shape, and that by nature human beings are much more accustomed to the decimal notation to hexadecimal. I put my case for example a programmer from the decade of the 80s. and knowing well the hexadecimal and being used since the 90s. the decimal notation of IPv4, when I first saw the notation I turned IPv6 unsightly and half confused.
Perhaps understand why the hexadecimal notation of the creators of the protocol (as programmers for an issue of practicality and efficiency), but not as good programmers we must put aside our products (programs) should be as efficient as possible in terms of technique, but we should never forget nor set aside the aspect of ergonomics as ultimately this feature is what makes it enjoyable to human interaction with the program.
The proposal is not a substantive change protocol, but simply the suitability of the decimal system for entering the digits that make up the IPv6 address.
That is why, I propose the possibility of the implementation of the decimal notation at least in the section revenue Ip parameters in the graphics and text interfaces all related program is analyzed and using the Internet Protocol version 6.
I look forward to your comments, of course, thanks for your time.
Regards

Axel Christian Mori
Santa Clara del Mar
Buenos Aires