[Ietf-lac] IETF QUIC WG interim meeting in Latin America; possibilities?

Rogerio Mariano rogermariano.cala at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 13:40:27 BRST 2017

Hi Lars,
How’ve you been? I hope you are good.

Thank you for sharing this information in the IETF-LAC list, and we are grateful to hear that there is the idea of ​​having a QUIC-WG meeting here in Latin America, which is important for the entire community in the region.

I have been thinking that maybe we could try to add the QUIC-WG agenda to the LACNIC 28/LACNOG 2017 meeting that this year will take place in a South American country (LACNOG 2016 was in Costa Rica). For this I have to check with my LACNOG peers on both the Board and the Program Committee, but personally I think it would be of extreme interest for us to co-ordinate QUIC-WG as a side event on our agenda at LACNOG 2017, precisely because we promote within the IETF-LAC the increased participation of the region in the activities of the IETF and the QUIC is an important WG. I believe that LACNIC 28/LACNOG 2017 should occur between 09/25/2017 to 09/30/2017 or 10/02/2017 to 10/06/2017 and our infrastructure fully meets your requirements. I will check and report on asap.

Best,
Rogerio Mariano
LACNOG Chair