[Ietf-lac] IETF QUIC WG interim meeting in Latin America; possibilities?

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Sat Feb 18 06:06:43 BRST 2017

Hi Rogerio,

On 2017-2-17, at 16:40, Rogerio Mariano <rogermariano.cala at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking that maybe we could try to add the QUIC-WG agenda to the LACNIC 28/LACNOG 2017 meeting that this year will take place in a South American country (LACNOG 2016 was in Costa Rica). For this I have to check with my LACNOG peers on both the Board and the Program Committee, but personally I think it would be of extreme interest for us to co-ordinate QUIC-WG as a side event on our agenda at LACNOG 2017, precisely because we promote within the IETF-LAC the increased participation of the region in the activities of the IETF and the QUIC is an important WG. I believe that LACNIC 28/LACNOG 2017 should occur between 09/25/2017 to 09/30/2017 or 10/02/2017 to 10/06/2017 and our infrastructure fully meets your requirements. I will check and report on asap.

thank you very much for checking! That sounds like an interesting option (time and place depending, of course - Patagonia may be a bit of a stretch).

We are at the moment also still chasing some other options in (non-US) North America, but I expect that we'll conclude in a month or two. I hope that aligns with your timeline.

Lars