[lacnog] [SPAM]Datacenters in Mexico / LATAM connectivity

Michael De Leo (mdeleo) mdeleo en cisco.com
Lun Jul 19 12:40:33 BRT 2010

Hello Jerome,

If you are looking for low latency in country, speficically for Mexico,
there is no Guadalajara DC that I know of. The 2 major DC markets are
Monterey (North) and Mexico City/Queretaro (Center). In both cases you
have many players like Triara (Telmex), Alestra (formerly AT&T), Kio,
HP, IBM and a few others as the highest tier players. There are other
smaller providers as well and you can do a search on them.

If you want to server LATAM as a whole (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia,
Panama, Argentina, etc.) then all have great connectivity to Miami, the
southern countries also have good connectivity to NY (case of Brazil).
Latency can be over 100 ms. And in many cases way more than that.

Another option could be to use a CDN provider like Akamai, Limelight,
etc. to reduce latency as you grow users.

Mike