[lacnog] Fwd: [v6ops] new draft: draft-servin-v6ops-monitor-ds-ipv6

Humberto Galiza humbertogaliza en gmail.com
Sab Jul 13 12:11:36 BRT 2013

Hi Arturo,

Reading your draft, and there are a two points that IMHO are a bit
confused, but in a general manner it´s very good. Congrats.

Sec 1:
1) "In the context of this memo it means
   that we not only need to correctly monitor our services and networks
   as we have done in the IPv4 world, but that we need it for IPv6 as
   well." --> it seems a bit confused to me...I would suggest you: "In the
context of this memo, it means that we should monitor our services and
networks running IPv6 as we have/had done in the IPv4 world.".

Sec 2.1:
"That is that protocols for monitor network
   infrastructure such as SNMP or IPFIX can send IPv6 monitored data
   (e.g. the count of forwarded packets of an interface) using either
   IPv4 or IPv6 transport." it seems a bit confused to me...did you tried
to say: "which protocols used to monitor network infrastructure, such as
SNMP or IPFIX, can send IPv6 monitored data using either IPv4 or IPv6
transport?"

Cheers,

Humberto Galiza