[lacnog] Registro de puertos de origen en servidores web / Source Port Logging on Web Servers

Fernando Gont fernando en gont.com.ar
Sab Mar 23 19:39:35 -03 2019

On 23/3/19 13:17, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23 Mar 2019, at 17:14, Fernando Frediani wrote:
>
>> I mean social responsability in the sense of if a crime has been
>> commited (even if it doesn't affect you) but if you have information
>> that can help to solve that situation you are contributing to
>> something that is in the interest of all.
>>
>> That's probably the main reaon some laws enforce, not forgetting the
>> concerns of people's privancy.
>
> This is key. We share common responsibilities that arise from operating
> a huge, highly distributed system which largely depends on the goodwill
> of those working on it.

Maybe that's the key of the problem? :-) If the security of the system
depends on the goodwill of all the involved parties, we have a problem.
-- Yes, it currently does. And yes, it's kind of a miracle that it's
"usable". :-)

> Please log source ports. Por favor, logueen los puertos de origen.

So... the plea is to log source ports at... web servers? CGNATs? Both?

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando en gont.com.ar || fgont en si6networks.com