[lacnog] USA to Mexico Fiber Internet Exchange Equipment Recommendations

Norman Jester nj en ancientalien.com
Mar Mayo 14 13:27:40 -03 2019

We have built the IXP for the purpose of changing that. Tijuana is a very good place and we are also lighting up Mexico City on the IXP as well. Several carriers are building fiber into our meet me room right now to take advantage. I personally thought the same thing as you 15 years ago however living in Tijuana for this project and experiencing the actual needs of the region have caused us to move full ahead. Mainly because of LOIs and direct interest in the project from many companies large and small, not to mention some government and municipalities.
For Mexico, change is under way.
Let’s just hope ALMO keeps us all moving forward.

Norm