[lacnog] Wifi Hotspot with IPv6 support

Mike Burns mike en iptrading.com
Sab Mayo 25 07:25:40 -03 2019

 We run a network up Wi-Fi hotspots in American RV parks. We use microtik routers to handle the hotspot sign up and setup and these routers have very limited ipv6 support. In addition because we have various internet connections throughout the country, some of whom do not offer ipv6, we had to use tunnels back to our colo center from where we advertise our ipv6 block. Since no customers ever asked for ipv6 we never deployed it.

Regards,
Mike Burns

---- On Sat, 25 May 2019 05:59:05 -0400 fhfrediani en gmail.com wrote ----

Hello all

Has anyone ever seen a Wifi Hotspot system with IPv6 support ?

Apparentlly these systems rely heavly on NAT and so it has been a barier for IPv6 support.

Has anyone seen any scenario where this has been possible or even have a theoric idea how would it been possible to add IPv6 to such systems ?

Thanks
Regards
Fernando Frediani