[lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los RoA

Rubens Kuhl rubensk en gmail.com
Jue Feb 3 17:18:36 -03 2022

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 5:12 PM Salvador Bertenbreiter
<salvadorb en gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rubens,
> Good to know that. I am wondering if those legacy IANA (non RIR-assigned) blocks can also have a valid RoA. AFAIK only RIR can issue RoA, or am I missing something related to that?

Only RIRs can issue RoAs, but legacy resources - at least in the ARIN
region, where most of the legacy IANA resources are located AFAIK -
can be covered by a different contract called the LRSA. Which costs
peanuts per year(like 150 dollars regardless of block size), but the
legacy resource holder needs to sign it with ARIN.

Rubens