[lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los RoA

Mike Burns mike en iptrading.com
Jue Feb 3 17:31:32 -03 2022

That is absolutely correct, Rubens.
ARIN legacy  blocks under LRSA can do RPKI.
But the point is that anybody who can do RPKI can create an ROA for a leased
block.
Believe me, I have seen hundreds of LOAs and more recently ROAs for just
this purpose.

-----Original Message-----
From: LACNOG <lacnog-bounces en lacnic.net> On Behalf Of Rubens Kuhl
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2022 3:19 PM
To: Latin America and Caribbean Region Network Operators Group
<lacnog en lacnic.net>
Subject: Re: [lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los
RoA

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 5:12 PM Salvador Bertenbreiter <salvadorb en gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rubens,
> Good to know that. I am wondering if those legacy IANA (non RIR-assigned)
blocks can also have a valid RoA. AFAIK only RIR can issue RoA, or am I
missing something related to that?

Only RIRs can issue RoAs, but legacy resources - at least in the ARIN
region, where most of the legacy IANA resources are located AFAIK - can be
covered by a different contract called the LRSA. Which costs peanuts per
year(like 150 dollars regardless of block size), but the legacy resource
holder needs to sign it with ARIN.

Rubens