[lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los RoA

Mike Burns mike en iptrading.com
Jue Feb 3 17:24:27 -03 2022

Not true, Rubens, there is no prohibition on leasing non-legacy blocks.
There is a difference between initial justification requirements, where leasing is NOT a justified need, and leasing already registered addresses.

You can't get new addresses by saying you plan to lease them out.
If you have addresses already,  you can lease them out.
In RIPE, you don't have to give any reason to purchase Ipv4, so you could say I want to purchase IPv4 so that I can rent them out. People are doing that today because there is a need for those services, and they ARE NOT PROHIBITED.

I have been leasing non-legacy addresses to clients all around the world, including Latin America, for nearly a decade. I am not hiding, if there is a prohibition, maybe I would have heard about it?

There is a lot of misinformation being peddled here.
Sorry for the English.

Regards,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: LACNOG <lacnog-bounces en lacnic.net> On Behalf Of Rubens Kuhl
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2022 3:04 PM
To: Latin America and Caribbean Region Network Operators Group <lacnog en lacnic.net>
Subject: Re: [lacnog] Subasignación de prefijos a otro ASN y el tema con los RoA

Leasing of legacy IANA assigned IP blocks is not prohibited. Leasing of RIR-assigned blocks is very unlikely to be allowed, since that reasoning for getting an IP block would need to be specified at request time. The risk in leasing RIR-assigned blocks is very high, and those IPs are the blood diamonds of the Internet age.

Rubens