[lacnog] Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203132321.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen en avinta.com
Lun Mar 14 00:32:37 -03 2022

Hi, Jorge:

1)    " ... Recovering this /4 block might allow a 2-4 years of ?peace?
but after that we'll be in the same situation of IPv4 ... ":    Perhaps
you did not recognize that EzIP is proposing to utilize the 240/4 as the
fourth private network address pool, not as basic unicast addresses as
you might have in mind? As such, Each RAN (Regional Area Network) will
be tethering off the current Internet via one public IPv4 address like
an umbilical cord. Consequently, not only there will be no 240/4
netblock address exhaustion issue, the basic public IPv4 pool will have
surplus as well. Hope this resolve your concern.

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-13 23:32 EDT)