[lacnog] Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203132336.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen en avinta.com
Lun Mar 14 00:57:24 -03 2022

Hi, Fernando:

1)    " ... upgrade every major legacy router in the world. ...  ":
Perhaps you did not recognize that the EzIP approach starts from
deploying RANs (Regional Area Network) consisting of SPRs (Semi-Public
Router)? Each RAN is tethered from the Internet core via one IPv4
address as the umbilical cord. With this architecture, RANs form an
/*overlay*/ to the existing Internet to provide equivalent services in
parallel. It will start small and individual locally, then grow bigger
by interconnecting through compatible RANs. There is no need for
reprogramming existing Internet routers, although doing so will expedite
the EzIP deployment. This concept is one step beyond just making use of
240/4 netblock as another unicast IPv4 address pool. So, the
consequences are quite different. Hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-13 23:57 EDT)